Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday, again.

Time seems to fly these days. Fran packed up and whisked away after a short visit. I went to the doctor's office for my own personal health issues. Lin had two uneventful showers. My sister Dora arrived to help out, she will be with us for a while. Lin and her mom were picked up for a tea and lunch. TK volunteered to watch Lin so Art could over to help me mend the fence and a couple of items that I have not been able to get to for while; we have an escape artist, Chickl'e. Marti came over, put down the top on the Mustang and kidnapped Lin's mom for a half day of shopping as she had not been out since she arrived. Lin received a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers and a magnificent gift certificate from my BA team! Betty came in last night and prepared one of Lin's favorite meals. JJ and Karen came over to join us for dinner - whew, just writing this makes me tired!

My sister Dora has generously volunteered to stay with us for as long as we need her help. I know this is a burden for her as she has her own life to live. Everyone has been so kind it still amazes us.

Linda came by to pick up Lin and Julie for tea and lunch. It took us a while to get her in the car, but she was able to enjoy a couple of hours with Linda, her husband and TK. She was worn out after two hours and had to come home. Lin spoke of the outing several times after she came home. She loved the style of Linda's home, said it reminded her of our favorite B&B at south Padre, Casa de Siesta.

TK stayed with Lin most of the day yesterday as Art helped me to mend our fence. We had to remove pickets to secure the railing to the fence posts with long threaded lag bolts. I think if a strong wind were to blow, it would have tipped over. You invest allot of money on a fence, however, you don't always get what you pay for. Thank you Art for helping me to secure the fence.

I am astounded by the amount of time that it takes to watch over Lin, still. Between transferring from her w-chair to the couch, to the recliner, to the bathroom, to the bed, outside, get her drinks, clothe her, give her meds, etc.; we cannot leave her alone. She does not have the strength to move under her own power so she is at our mercy to get her where she wants to go. I can only imagine how this affects her. TK - thank you for "sitting" with Lin yesterday.

Chickl'e raised a scuttle yesterday while we were working on the fence; that usually means that someone is at the front door. We received a lovely bouquet of flowers from my work team. What was even more surprising was when we went to open the card, we found a gift certificate from "Eat out In". It was our 8th anniversary of our Holy Union when we found out that the cancer was back. Needless to say, we did not celebrate. My sisters and TK announced yesterday that they will set our dining table and order us a nice meal so we can have a late celebration of our anniversary. Thank you BA TEAM, you have enabled a great memory!

My sister Betty came over last night and made Lin her favorite chicken recipe. The outing for lunch really wore Lin out the day before. I tried in vein to feed her the meal, but she kept falling asleep. She was awake enough to open her eyes fully when Dora made a deal with her though. Eat two more bites of chicken and she could have spice cake with cream cheese topping (thank you Suzanne!). Lin was like a little kid that had just been given the deal of the century. She took a few more bites, but fell asleep before the cake arrived. She woke up enough to insist that she have her cake. Well her mom got a kick out of trying to feed her cake. She had it all over the place! We put Lin to bed shortly thereafter. JJ and Karen came over and were discussing there impending wedding next Saturday. They look so cute together.

Betty stayed the night and made us breakfast. Lin awoke fully alert and ate all of her breakfast. We had a better morning, as I awoke at 7:00 to feed her morphine until she could have her scheduled dose of slow releasing morphine at 8:00. I think the secret is to keep the feeding her very small doses when she is active so that her pain does not spike. Once it does it is very hard to control.

It is noon and I am still in my PJs, again. I was finally able to take a shower last night at 1:00 am. Lin woke up at midnight and wanted to drink hot tea; timing is everything, this was when I was headed for the shower. More later tonight, Allison is on her way over...

No comments:

Post a Comment